Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri January 5, 2007
Susan Arbetter's Interview with Dr. Jonathan Diamond - "Fatherless Sons"
Albany, NY – Dr. Jonathan Diamond is a psychotherapist, and a good one. He has a successful practice in Massachusetts, helping his patients through the grieving process. At the moment he learned his own father was dying, Diamond, whose relationship with him as a rocky one, decided to navigate his own emotions in an attempt to take back what was stolen - a healthy relationship with his father.
His new book, "Fatherless Sons: Healing the Legacy of Loss" is both a personal journey as well as a handbook for fathers and sons whose relationships require a little guidance to untangle.
Susan Arbetter asked Dr. Diamond to characterize his relationship with his own father.