Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri January 5, 2007
Susan Arbetter's Interview with Dr. Jonathan Diamond - "Fatherless Sons"
Albany, NY – Dr. Jonathan Diamond is a psychotherapist, and a good one. He has a successful practice in Massachusetts, helping his patients through the grieving process. At the moment he learned his own father was dying, Diamond, whose relationship with him as a rocky one, decided to navigate his own emotions in an attempt to take back what was stolen - a healthy relationship with his father.
His new book, "Fatherless Sons: Healing the Legacy of Loss" is both a personal journey as well as a handbook for fathers and sons whose relationships require a little guidance to untangle.
Susan Arbetter asked Dr. Diamond to characterize his relationship with his own father.