Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Tue February 7, 2006
Susan Arbetter's interview with Michael Klare, author of "Blood & Oil" 2/3
Albany, NY – America's oil wells are drying up. In fact, some say we are at peak oil production right now. At the same time, China, Russia, and India are starting to consume more oil. According to international security expert Michael Klare, the confluence of these two events, plus the rocky relationship between U.S. policy in the Mideast and the oil found there, could spell war in the future.
Klare's new book is called Blood and Oil: The Dangers and Consequences of America's Growing Dependency on Imported Petroleum.
The Roundtable's Susan Arbetter asked him when we will run out of oil...