Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
Tue February 7, 2006
Susan Arbetter's interview with Michael Klare, author of "Blood & Oil" 2/3
Albany, NY – America's oil wells are drying up. In fact, some say we are at peak oil production right now. At the same time, China, Russia, and India are starting to consume more oil. According to international security expert Michael Klare, the confluence of these two events, plus the rocky relationship between U.S. policy in the Mideast and the oil found there, could spell war in the future.
Klare's new book is called Blood and Oil: The Dangers and Consequences of America's Growing Dependency on Imported Petroleum.
The Roundtable's Susan Arbetter asked him when we will run out of oil...