Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon September 26, 2005
Susan Arbetter's interview with Van Jones
Albany, NY – We began our conversation with the local, state & federal government's response to Katrina. Quoting from the LA Times, there are really two important questions here: "Why are most of Hurricane Katrina's victims black" and "Does the color of their skin have any bearing on authorities' response which has been criticized as slow?" Here's what Van Jones had to say...
For more information on Van Jones, the co-the co-founder and National Exec
utive Director of the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, and the cofounder of www.colorofchange.org.