Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Thu June 21, 2007
Susan Curnan on being a "Valkill Kid" 6-21
Albany, NY – Susan Curnan calls herself a "ValKill kid." She grew up in the shadow of Eleanor Roosevelt, getting into mischief around the grounds of Roosevelt's home at Valkill. Curnan's father was Eleanor Roosevelt's caretaker. Curnan herself has gone onto a career in academia, as a professor at Brandeis University in Massachusetts. But she returned to Valkill a few weeks ago for a picnic and to share a few childhood memories.