Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu June 21, 2007
Susan Curnan on being a "Valkill Kid" 6-21
Albany, NY – Susan Curnan calls herself a "ValKill kid." She grew up in the shadow of Eleanor Roosevelt, getting into mischief around the grounds of Roosevelt's home at Valkill. Curnan's father was Eleanor Roosevelt's caretaker. Curnan herself has gone onto a career in academia, as a professor at Brandeis University in Massachusetts. But she returned to Valkill a few weeks ago for a picnic and to share a few childhood memories.