Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Thu June 21, 2007
Susan Curnan on being a "Valkill Kid" 6-21
Albany, NY – Susan Curnan calls herself a "ValKill kid." She grew up in the shadow of Eleanor Roosevelt, getting into mischief around the grounds of Roosevelt's home at Valkill. Curnan's father was Eleanor Roosevelt's caretaker. Curnan herself has gone onto a career in academia, as a professor at Brandeis University in Massachusetts. But she returned to Valkill a few weeks ago for a picnic and to share a few childhood memories.