Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Mon July 30, 2012
Suspect In Hit Run Death Of Pregnant Woman Surrenders
Police in Springfield Massachusetts say a man sought for the hit and run death of a pregnant teenager has surrendered. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
Police arrested 35 year old Michael Wingfield after the Springfield man turned himself in at police headquarters Monday morning. A police spokesman said Wingfield was charged with motor vehicle homicide and a half dozen more offenses including using a motor vehicle without authority, and ddriving without a license. Police allege Wingfield fled Friday night after the car he was driving struck and fatally injuried 19 year old Asheley Ballester, whom police say was pregnant. The woman’s two year old daughter,, whom she was pushing in a stroller was seriously injuried..