Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Tue November 5, 2013
Suspect In NJ Mall Shooting Is Dead
Authorities say a man suspected of firing multiple shots and causing a lockdown at New Jersey's largest shopping mall has been found dead of a self-inflicted wound.
Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli says the body of 20-year-old Richard Shoop of Teaneck was found in a back area of the Garden State Plaza mall in Paramus early today. He says Shoop killed himself with the same weapon he used at the mall and that a note has been found.
There were no other injuries.
Police received reports of man who fired multiple shots shortly before the mall's 9:30 p.m. closing time on Monday, sending customers and employees rushing hysterically for the exits and hiding places.
The mall, which has more than 270 stores, is located in Bergen County, about 15 miles northwest of Manhattan.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.