Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri April 25, 2003
Suspected SARS Cases In Albany Area
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – Local and state health officials across New York are watching for symptoms of SARS, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, a potentially deadly illness that has caused serious concern in Asia and Canada . WAMC's Brian Shields reports that so far there have been fewer than 40 suspected cases of SARS in New York, including several in the Albany area.