Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
WAMC New York News
Wed February 22, 2006
Sweeney wants oversight on Dubai deal
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Congressman John Sweeney is opposing a $6.8 billion deal the White House is backing to put a United Arab Emirates-based firm in charge of the operation of six major U-S ports. Capitol Hill lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are launching an investigation into the deal in the interests of preserving homeland security. Meanwhile, Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings is addressing security concerns at his own capital city's bustling port.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.