Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed February 22, 2006
Sweeney wants oversight on Dubai deal
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Congressman John Sweeney is opposing a $6.8 billion deal the White House is backing to put a United Arab Emirates-based firm in charge of the operation of six major U-S ports. Capitol Hill lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are launching an investigation into the deal in the interests of preserving homeland security. Meanwhile, Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings is addressing security concerns at his own capital city's bustling port.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.