Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed February 22, 2006
Sweeney wants oversight on Dubai deal
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Congressman John Sweeney is opposing a $6.8 billion deal the White House is backing to put a United Arab Emirates-based firm in charge of the operation of six major U-S ports. Capitol Hill lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are launching an investigation into the deal in the interests of preserving homeland security. Meanwhile, Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings is addressing security concerns at his own capital city's bustling port.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.