Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed February 22, 2006
Sweeney wants oversight on Dubai deal
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – New York Congressman John Sweeney is opposing a $6.8 billion deal the White House is backing to put a United Arab Emirates-based firm in charge of the operation of six major U-S ports. Capitol Hill lawmakers on both sides of the aisle are launching an investigation into the deal in the interests of preserving homeland security. Meanwhile, Albany Mayor Jerry Jennings is addressing security concerns at his own capital city's bustling port.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.