Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri January 6, 2012
Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me
By Katie Britton
Albany, NY – In Tahereh Mafi's novel Shatter Me, we're brought into a thrilling dystopian world that sets our nerves on edge, and makes us feel compassion for characters we should be shunning - but we are always routing for our heroine Juliette. She has been in isolation for almost a year because her touch is dangerous. She can take the life out of anyone her skin comes into contact with. So the question becomes, will she be good and stay covered, or will she be lured to the dark side and let years of mistreatment culminate into revenge? I spoke with Mafi about the novel, which is the first of a trilogy, and she gave us the setting for Shatter Me.
REM - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
Skeeter Davis - The End of the World