Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed July 3, 2013
Tanglewood - Berkshire Theatre Group's production of "The Lion in Winter"
An epic and humorous tale of political strategy and family dynamics, The Lion In Winter, set during Christmas 1183, tells the story of King Henry II, Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine, and their sons, Richard, Geoffrey and John as they play a deadly game of real life chess; winner takes the throne. Who will come out on top as the ruler of England and the ruler of the family? The Lion in Winter proves just how absurd and lethal family rivalries can be.
The Lion in Winter is now up and running at the Berkshire Theatre Group’s Fitzpatrick stage and plays through July 13th.
To tell us more, we welcome two stars of the production. Jayne Atkinson received Tony nominations for her roles in Enchanted April and The Rainmaker, she has also been seen on Broadway in Blithe Spirit, Our Town and Ivanov. Here television credits include Criminal Minds and 24 and she was in the Netflix series House of Cards. She plays Eleanor of Aquitaine.
Treat Williams plays Henry. Treat Williams began his career on Broadway as Danny Zuko in Grease. His first big film role was the part of Berger in the film version of Hair. For four seasons he starred as Dr. Andy Brown in the critically acclaimed series Everwood. He has been nominated for four Golden Globe Awards, an Emmy, and has won two Theatre Guild Awards.
WAMC Speakers Corner