Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed July 3, 2013
Tanglewood - Maestro Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos
A regular guest with North America's top orchestras, Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos’ 2012-13 season includes engagements with the New York, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Toronto Symphony Orchestras. He appears annually here at Tanglewood and will be on the podium in the shed Friday night.
Born in Burgos, Spain, Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos studied violin, piano, music theory and composition at the conservatories in Bilbao and Madrid. From 2004-2011, he was Chief Conductor and Artistic Director of the Dresden Philharmonic, and is just beginning his time as Chief Conductor of the Danish National Orchestra.
Friday night’s BSO opener at Tanglewood is an all-Tchaikovsky program featuring violinist, Joshua Bell.