Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Tax Break Brings About Budget Concerns
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – State Taxation and Finance Commissioner Andrew S. Eristoff has announced that beginning April 1st, a year-round exemption from the four percent New York State sales and use taxes goes into effect. The exemption applies to the purchase of clothing, footwear, and items to make or repair exempt clothing, costing less than $110 per item or pair. This year round exemption may result
in a loss of revenue for some counties throughout the state.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.