Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Tax Break Brings About Budget Concerns
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – State Taxation and Finance Commissioner Andrew S. Eristoff has announced that beginning April 1st, a year-round exemption from the four percent New York State sales and use taxes goes into effect. The exemption applies to the purchase of clothing, footwear, and items to make or repair exempt clothing, costing less than $110 per item or pair. This year round exemption may result
in a loss of revenue for some counties throughout the state.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.