Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Mon April 3, 2006
Tax Break Brings About Budget Concerns
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – State Taxation and Finance Commissioner Andrew S. Eristoff has announced that beginning April 1st, a year-round exemption from the four percent New York State sales and use taxes goes into effect. The exemption applies to the purchase of clothing, footwear, and items to make or repair exempt clothing, costing less than $110 per item or pair. This year round exemption may result
in a loss of revenue for some counties throughout the state.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.