Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed April 24, 2013
Tedisco: Give Voters Recall Power
Republicans in the New York state Assembly have a plan they say will help to root out the corruption scandals that have tainted the state legislature in recent weeks. They are calling for a constitutional amendment to allow recall elections in New York for all statewide elected officials, and members of the state legislature. Assembly Republican Jim Tedisco from the Capital Region joined in the announcement Wednesday morning.
For a constitutional amendment to become law, it must pass the legislature in two consecutive sessions , and be approved by the voters.
New York News