Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
Wed April 24, 2013
Tedisco: Give Voters Recall Power
Republicans in the New York state Assembly have a plan they say will help to root out the corruption scandals that have tainted the state legislature in recent weeks. They are calling for a constitutional amendment to allow recall elections in New York for all statewide elected officials, and members of the state legislature. Assembly Republican Jim Tedisco from the Capital Region joined in the announcement Wednesday morning.
For a constitutional amendment to become law, it must pass the legislature in two consecutive sessions , and be approved by the voters.
New York News