Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
New England News
Sat December 8, 2012
Teens Accused of Raping UMass Student Indicted by Grand Jury
Four teenagers accused of raping a University of Massachusetts student in her Amherst dorm room in October have been indicted by a grand jury.
Adam Liccardi, Justin King, and Emmanuel Bile, all 18 and from Pittsfield, and 17-year-old Caleb Womack of Windsor Locks, Conn., face multiple counts each of aggravated rape.
Liccardi faces an additional count of rape for allegedly returning to the 18-year-old woman's room and raping her again after the others had left.
None of the defendants is a UMass student.
All but Liccardi are scheduled to be arraigned Monday. Liccardi's arraignment has not been scheduled.
The woman knew the teens, but asked that they not visit. They were signed into the dorm by another student.
The suspects' lawyers have said the sex was consensual. They pleaded not guilty.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.