Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Wed April 10, 2013
Television Is Going To The Dogs
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Television is going to the dogs. The satellite company DIRECTV recently introduced DOGTV to its line up. The channel, just for canines, will cost humans 5.99 a month. The programs feature soothing music and animations. DOGTV's CEO says this helps ease the loneliness and boredom that pets feel when they're left at home all day.
Hey, what do you think?
(SOUNDBITE OF A DOG BARKING)
GREENE: What's that, boy? You'd rather have a dog station on the radio?
GREENE: Good dog. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.