Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 13, 2006
Test Burn Put on Hold As Emissions Near Permit Levels
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper began a test burn of tire-derived fuel at it's Ticonderoga, New York plant last Tuesday. On Thursday the plant scaled back the test and on Friday stopped the test for the weekend. Opponents of the test burn say the plant's move proves their claims that burning tires is too dangerous without new emissions controls. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.