Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon November 13, 2006
Test Burn Put on Hold As Emissions Near Permit Levels
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper began a test burn of tire-derived fuel at it's Ticonderoga, New York plant last Tuesday. On Thursday the plant scaled back the test and on Friday stopped the test for the weekend. Opponents of the test burn say the plant's move proves their claims that burning tires is too dangerous without new emissions controls. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.