Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Mon November 13, 2006
Test Burn Put on Hold As Emissions Near Permit Levels
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper began a test burn of tire-derived fuel at it's Ticonderoga, New York plant last Tuesday. On Thursday the plant scaled back the test and on Friday stopped the test for the weekend. Opponents of the test burn say the plant's move proves their claims that burning tires is too dangerous without new emissions controls. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.