Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
WAMC New York News
Fri January 21, 2005
Testimony Assesses Negatives of Re-importation
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A former Canadian legislator is urging the VT legislature to move slowly in its push to join with four other states that want to import drugs from Canada.
The VT legislature has been holding a week of hearings on drug re-importation, and the latest testimony included people speaking on behalf of the pharmaceutical industry. Advocates of re-importation doubt that the cautionary tales from those against the idea will sway VT legislators away from a re-importation plan. Pat Bradley has more.