Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Fri January 21, 2005
Testimony Assesses Negatives of Re-importation
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A former Canadian legislator is urging the VT legislature to move slowly in its push to join with four other states that want to import drugs from Canada.
The VT legislature has been holding a week of hearings on drug re-importation, and the latest testimony included people speaking on behalf of the pharmaceutical industry. Advocates of re-importation doubt that the cautionary tales from those against the idea will sway VT legislators away from a re-importation plan. Pat Bradley has more.