Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New York News
Fri January 21, 2005
Testimony Assesses Negatives of Re-importation
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A former Canadian legislator is urging the VT legislature to move slowly in its push to join with four other states that want to import drugs from Canada.
The VT legislature has been holding a week of hearings on drug re-importation, and the latest testimony included people speaking on behalf of the pharmaceutical industry. Advocates of re-importation doubt that the cautionary tales from those against the idea will sway VT legislators away from a re-importation plan. Pat Bradley has more.