Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Thu June 13, 2013
Texas Gov. Perry , NY Gov. Cuomo Spar Over Jobs
The governors of Texas and New York are in a shootout over job poaching.
Republican Texas Gov. Rick Perry is poking fun at New York ahead of his upcoming trip to convince businesses there to move to his state. In $600,000 worth of radio spots that began airing Wednesday in New York City and Albany, he scoffs at the state's "new New York" promotional campaign. He says it looks a lot like the "old New York," with high taxes and stifling regulations.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo shot back that his tax-free proposal for some employers is a better deal because they "don't have to move to Texas."
Perry's five-day visit to New York and Connecticut begins Sunday.
He also made job-hunting trips to California and Illinois.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.