Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Thu June 13, 2013
Texas Gov. Perry , NY Gov. Cuomo Spar Over Jobs
The governors of Texas and New York are in a shootout over job poaching.
Republican Texas Gov. Rick Perry is poking fun at New York ahead of his upcoming trip to convince businesses there to move to his state. In $600,000 worth of radio spots that began airing Wednesday in New York City and Albany, he scoffs at the state's "new New York" promotional campaign. He says it looks a lot like the "old New York," with high taxes and stifling regulations.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo shot back that his tax-free proposal for some employers is a better deal because they "don't have to move to Texas."
Perry's five-day visit to New York and Connecticut begins Sunday.
He also made job-hunting trips to California and Illinois.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.