Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Tue June 18, 2013
Texas Governor Woos Conn. Gun Makers
Texas Gov. Rick Perry is courting Connecticut gun manufacturers, extolling the tax policies and regulatory climate of his state.
Perry spent time Monday shooting at a firing range at Colt Manufacturing Co., touring plants and meeting privately with company owners and other businesses. Some gun makers have threatened to leave Connecticut since the state passed new gun-control laws this year in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.
At a news conference, Perry questioned whether Connecticut's regulatory climate allows citizens to enjoy their freedoms or "are they going to relocate somewhere?"
Connecticut Gov. Dannel Malloy made an unannounced visit to Perry's meeting in Hartford. He says he doesn't think Perry understands the kind of loss caused by Newtown and how it's affected people.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.