Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Hudson Valley News
Fri June 15, 2012
Is There a Regional Agenda for the Hudson Valley?
"Is There a Regional Agenda for the Hudson Valley?" - that's the theme and title of a conference held today at SUNY New Paltz - Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Dave Lucas reports
Elected officials joined business and municipal leaders exploring new ideas - in a spirit of working together toward economic growth -The conference was hosted by CRREO, the New Paltz Center for Research, Regional Education and Outreach (CRREO), and sponsored by The Advocacy Coalition of the Hudson Valley.
Ulster County Executive Mike Hein and New Paltz President Donald Christian welcomed participants. Dutchess County Executive Mark Molinaro and Gerald Benjamin, director of CRREO, provided initial reactions to the conference’s organizing question.
Participants heard plenary framing presentations on five topics including the Governor’s recent regional economic development initiative and experience with it to date, past and current efforts to do regional planning in the Hudson Valley and regional approaches to business and tourism.