Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Thu October 10, 2013
Thomas Cole Historic Site - America’s Eden: Thomas Cole and "The Voyage of Life"
The 8th Annual Raymond Beecher Lecture at the Thomas Cole Historic Site entitled: America’s Eden: Thomas Cole and 'The Voyage of Life will take place this Sunday afternoon at 2PM.
Dr. Paul Schweizer, Museum Director Emeritus of the Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute (MWPAI) in Utica, will share new findings about one of Thomas Cole’s most iconic series.
The talk heralds the occasion of this iconic series embarking on a new national tour in the exhibition, America’s Eden: Thomas Cole and "The Voyage of Life". The exhibition, curated by Schweizer, who also wrote the new exhibition catalogue on the series, will open at the Taft Museum of Art in Cincinnati in June 2014, exactly 175 years since Cole first began the paintings. We welcome Paul Schweizer and Betsy Jacks, Executive Director at the Thomas Cole National Historic Site in Catskill.
Arts & Culture