Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Fri September 22, 2006
From thread mill to 'urban village'
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – Two Boston-based business men have plans to develop a former industrial mill in Pittsfield, Massachusetts into an "urban village" with at least 60 living units as well as working spaces for artists. And while Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, spoke with Roy Krantz about the ideas he and Sam Levine have for the space, they say they are more interested in community input;