Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
North Country News
Sun July 20, 2014
Three Die In Plane Crash Near Lake Placid
New York State Police are investigating a small plane crash near Lake Placid Saturday which killed all three people on board.
Troopers say the single-engine Mooney M20 crashed at a horse farm next to the Lake Placid Airport and burst into flames on impact at about 10:40 Saturday morning.
Lake Placid Fire Department responded and extinguished the flames.
The identities of the three people killed in the crash have not been released.
A witness told the Plattsburgh Press Republican she hear a plane flying low and a loud bang before the crash.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are also investigating.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press