Most Active Stories
- Adirondack Park Agency To Consider Changes To State Land Master Plan
- NY's New Medical Marijuana Law Carries A "Wait"
- Albany Firefighters Public Appeal: Save Ladder 1
- WAMC’s Alan Chartock In Conversation with Malcolm Nance, International Terrorism Expert
- Archaeologists Excited By Finds Beneath Armory Building
North Country News
Sun July 20, 2014
Three Die In Plane Crash Near Lake Placid
New York State Police are investigating a small plane crash near Lake Placid Saturday which killed all three people on board.
Troopers say the single-engine Mooney M20 crashed at a horse farm next to the Lake Placid Airport and burst into flames on impact at about 10:40 Saturday morning.
Lake Placid Fire Department responded and extinguished the flames.
The identities of the three people killed in the crash have not been released.
A witness told the Plattsburgh Press Republican she hear a plane flying low and a loud bang before the crash.
The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are also investigating.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press