Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue July 24, 2012
Three Sentenced in Vermont Drug Ring
Three men have been sentenced to federal prison after pleading guilty to participating in an oxycodone distribution ring centered in Grand Isle, Vt.
The U.S. Attorney's office says 54-year-olf Michael Larrow was distributing the pills from his home and bait shop in Grand Isle to customers. Prosecutors said couriers from New York would bring Larrow pills and pick up the drug distribution proceeds.
Police executed a search warrant Larrow's home in August and seized over $11,000 and over 200 pills.
Larrow was sentenced Monday to nearly five years in prison. Two New York men were sentenced to nearly four years and two years in prison, respectively.
In an unrelated case, 35-year-old Jason Boyd of Chittenden was sentenced to over five years conspiring to distribute oxycodone in the Rutland area.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.