Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
North Country News
Mon May 7, 2012
Three VT Men Arrested with Explosive Device
Police in Newport City, Vermont, have arrested three people in connection with a pipe bomb threat that shut down Route 5 for several hours over the weekend.
Police say a witness saw three men leave a house with the explosive device, and police stopped the men a short time later Saturday night. Route 5 was closed until the state police bomb squad said it was safe reopen the road at about 10:30 p.m.
WCAX-TV says 23-three-old Cody Macfarlane, 24-year-old Nathaniel Chaffee and 24-year-old Jonathan Glover, all of Newport, were taken into custody for possession of a destructive device.
They remained jailed Sunday and weren't available for comment.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.