Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New York News
Fri December 7, 2012
Thruway Authority Sets Meeting, No Toll Discussion on Agenda
The state Thruway Authority board has set a meeting for Dec. 17 but still won't say when it plans to consider a longstanding proposal for a "modest" 45-percent increase in tolls for truckers.
Executive Director Thomas Madison says the directors will meet Dec. 17 to choose a plan for replacing the Tappan Zee Bridge linking Westchester and Rockland counties. But he says the toll hike proposed in the spring hasn't yet been added to that agenda.
The authority's meetings have been watched closely by business and trucking groups and upstate Republican assemblymen who claim the board will try to sneak the vote by the public.
Assemblyman James Tedisco says Thursday that not even the Grinch could be as diabolical as the authority he calls a "secret government."
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press