Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Fri March 1, 2013
TMI Project is a nonprofit organization that offers memoir writing workshops that culminate in staged true storytelling performances - sort of like The Moth meets The Vagina Monologues. Their slogan is "Changing the world, one story at a time."
This past year, after receiving a grant, they launched the TMI Project Community Outreach Initiative, which brings the TMI workshop to under-served populations.
While doing that, they have also continued regular workshops and shows. On March 11th they begin their first "for the page" 9-week workshop. It's an essay writing class, and will culminate in a small collection of essays that will be for sale, and a reading at a book store.
They’ll have their third women's retreat workshop at LifeBridge Sanctuary in Rosendale March 15th - 17th.
There’s a LOT going on and Eva Tenuto, Executive Director of TMI Project, and Sari Botton, Editorial Director join us to tell us more.