Most Active Stories
- Amber Alert Canceled After Body Of Missing 5-Year-Old Found
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- NY Fracking Ban Decision Elicits Different Reactions
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
Fri March 1, 2013
TMI Project is a nonprofit organization that offers memoir writing workshops that culminate in staged true storytelling performances - sort of like The Moth meets The Vagina Monologues. Their slogan is "Changing the world, one story at a time."
This past year, after receiving a grant, they launched the TMI Project Community Outreach Initiative, which brings the TMI workshop to under-served populations.
While doing that, they have also continued regular workshops and shows. On March 11th they begin their first "for the page" 9-week workshop. It's an essay writing class, and will culminate in a small collection of essays that will be for sale, and a reading at a book store.
They’ll have their third women's retreat workshop at LifeBridge Sanctuary in Rosendale March 15th - 17th.
There’s a LOT going on and Eva Tenuto, Executive Director of TMI Project, and Sari Botton, Editorial Director join us to tell us more.