Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Thu March 21, 2013
Tom King, New York Rifle and Pistol Association - Challenging the NY SAFE Act in federal court
Another lawsuit has been filed challenging New York’s new gun law, the NY SAFE Act. The court action was filed today in federal court in Buffalo by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association along with a number of other organizations. A separate lawsuit filed earlier challenging how the law was passed was dismissed and is now being appealed. Tom King, president of the 45,000 member New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, tells WAMC's Brian Shields that the new lawsuit is focused on the U.S. Constitution.
New England News
Commentary & Opinion