Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New York News
Thu March 21, 2013
Tom King, New York Rifle and Pistol Association - Challenging the NY SAFE Act in federal court
Another lawsuit has been filed challenging New York’s new gun law, the NY SAFE Act. The court action was filed today in federal court in Buffalo by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association along with a number of other organizations. A separate lawsuit filed earlier challenging how the law was passed was dismissed and is now being appealed. Tom King, president of the 45,000 member New York State Rifle and Pistol Association, tells WAMC's Brian Shields that the new lawsuit is focused on the U.S. Constitution.
New England News
Commentary & Opinion