Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Tue March 26, 2013
Tom Viola - Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Equity Fights AIDS was founded in 1987 by the Council of Actors’ Equity Association. The money they raised across the country was used to support The Actors Fund’s AIDS Initiative. Broadway Cares was founded in 1988 by members of The Producer’s Group and the money they raised was awarded to AIDS service organizations, including Equity Fights AIDS.
The two organizations merged in 1992 and continue to fund the social service work of the Actors Fund and award grants to AIDS service organizations nationwide.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' Executive Director, Tom Viola, joins us to tell us more about the history and mission of BC/EFA.
To learn more, visit www.broadwaycares.org. There, you can find out about upcoming events, where the funds go/who they help, and/or donate online.
Arts & Culture