Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue March 26, 2013
Tom Viola - Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Equity Fights AIDS was founded in 1987 by the Council of Actors’ Equity Association. The money they raised across the country was used to support The Actors Fund’s AIDS Initiative. Broadway Cares was founded in 1988 by members of The Producer’s Group and the money they raised was awarded to AIDS service organizations, including Equity Fights AIDS.
The two organizations merged in 1992 and continue to fund the social service work of the Actors Fund and award grants to AIDS service organizations nationwide.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS' Executive Director, Tom Viola, joins us to tell us more about the history and mission of BC/EFA.
To learn more, visit www.broadwaycares.org. There, you can find out about upcoming events, where the funds go/who they help, and/or donate online.
Arts & Culture