Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu May 2, 2013
Tornado Recovery Group Disbands
Twenty three months after a powerful tornado tore through Springfield Massachusetts a long term recovery group has disbanded.
The group called Springfield Community Together has run out of money and run out of work to do. Steven Abdow of the Episcopal Diocese of Western Massachusetts said the group helped about 600 tornado survivors with everything from major home repairs to removing debris from yards.
The long term recover group was created by volunteers from a dozen philanthropic, faith-based and other nonprofit organizations. Major funding that totaled more than $200,000 came from the Massachusetts Disaster Relief fund and Catholic Charities.