Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Wed May 8, 2013
Tourism Improvement In Dutchess County
HYDE PARK – Hotel and motel room tax in Dutchess County revenue rose in 2012 by four percent above 2011 and that is an indication that tourism is picking up, industry officials say.
County and local leaders, including Dutchess County Tourism Executive Director Mary Kay Vrba, marked National Tourism Rally Day at the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum Pavilion in Poughkeepsie on Tuesday.
“We really want people to come up and enjoy more than just a day in the Dutchess County and Hudson Valley area so a I believe that our message is getting out and people are seeing what a great area this is,” Vrba said.
The Mid-Hudson Valley has several national and state parks and historic landmarks as well as recreational opportunities and natural beauty.