Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Tue March 23, 2004
Town Looks at Capping Package Stores
By Kelly Wilkinson
Great Barrington, MA – Liquor laws are extremely complex because of how highly regulated alcohol is. In Massachusetts, it's up to local governments to grant licenses for liquor stores, bars and restaurants. Great Barrington is considering passing special legislation that would prevent any more package stores from opening. One storekeeper hoping to sell wine at his shop says the move is in response to his business. But town officials disagree. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.