Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu October 5, 2006
Town Requests Re-Start on Wal-Mart Permitting Process
By Pat Bradley
St. Albans, VT – Saint Albans, Vermont officials are requesting a do-over in reviewing a proposal for a Wal-Mart store. Their move comes after a judge found that two members of the town board showed a bias in favor of the Wal-Mart project. But opponents aren't certain the town can truly reverse any appearance of conflict of interest as the project moves forward. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.