Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue October 23, 2012
Town, Vermont National Guard Look at Land Swap
The Select Board in Bennington has approved an agreement with the Vermont National Guard that will allow the town to acquire the Bennington armory if and when a new one is constructed for the local unit.
The town broached the idea of exchanging the properties in June 2011 as a potential spot for a new readiness center to replace the local Vermont National Guard headquarters. The Guard had been looking at multiple sites in Bennington County.
The Bennington Banner reports one possibility is that the town would exchange the former Jard site in exchange for the historic armory located behind the town office.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.