Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Thu July 5, 2007
Towns Get Temporary Influx of Tax Monies
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Towns across Vermont have received more than 135 million dollars from a state property tax program. The money will be held by the towns for a short time before being transferred to school districts. Some state officials are cautioning towns on how to handle the money during that time. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.