Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Tue February 19, 2013
Toxic Flame Retardants Found in Day Care Nap Mats
Children's Health Advocates were in Albany Tuesday lobbying New York Legislators to protect kids from toxic chemicals.
Advocates say cancer-causing toxic flame retardants have turned up in Day Care Nap Mats sold at Walmart, K-Mart, Target and other national retail outlets.
24 brands were tested. All but two contained dangerous flame-retardants. The Center for Environmental Health urges child care providers and parents to look for mats made without polyurethane foam.
CEH is launching legal action against the manufacturers to pressure them to eliminate chemical flame retardants from their products.
Commentary & Opinion