Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri January 27, 2006
Tracks laid out
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Department of Transportation has completed a study that recommends infrastructure improvements to the Hudson Line-the railway between New York City and Schenectady. The state Senate's high speed rail task force is advancing a similar agenda. Both point to the need for improvements to tracks in the Capital Region, which has become one of the nation's busiest transit hubs.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.