Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri January 27, 2006
Tracks laid out
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The New York State Department of Transportation has completed a study that recommends infrastructure improvements to the Hudson Line-the railway between New York City and Schenectady. The state Senate's high speed rail task force is advancing a similar agenda. Both point to the need for improvements to tracks in the Capital Region, which has become one of the nation's busiest transit hubs.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.