Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue February 3, 2004
Trade Pact Being Negotiated Could Hurt Dairy Farmers
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Congressional representatives from dairy-producing states, including New York and Vermont, are pressuring the Bush administration to protect dairy farmers in trade talks with Australia. Dairy farmers are concerned that the market for U-S dairy products could be seriously hurt by increased competition from Australia, where dairy products are much cheaper. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.