Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue February 3, 2004
Trade Pact Being Negotiated Could Hurt Dairy Farmers
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Congressional representatives from dairy-producing states, including New York and Vermont, are pressuring the Bush administration to protect dairy farmers in trade talks with Australia. Dairy farmers are concerned that the market for U-S dairy products could be seriously hurt by increased competition from Australia, where dairy products are much cheaper. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.