Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Wed June 19, 2013
Transfer Of Golden Hill Almost Complete
KINGSTON – The sale of the Ulster County-owned Golden Hill nursing home in Kingston is almost complete. The county is selling it to GH Acquisition Corp. for $11.25 million.
County Executive Michael Hein said the transfer is in the final stage.
“We are dealing with the very last components of it before there is a final process of transition,” Hein told MidHudsonNews.com. “We are dealing with the state Department of Health and we expect that to be done any moment.”
One month ago, the county notified the union employees at the nursing home that the sale was imminent and that it was expected that “the vast majority of current employees will receive offers from the new owner prior to the final transfer.”