Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Hudson Valley News
Wed June 19, 2013
Transfer Of Golden Hill Almost Complete
KINGSTON – The sale of the Ulster County-owned Golden Hill nursing home in Kingston is almost complete. The county is selling it to GH Acquisition Corp. for $11.25 million.
County Executive Michael Hein said the transfer is in the final stage.
“We are dealing with the very last components of it before there is a final process of transition,” Hein told MidHudsonNews.com. “We are dealing with the state Department of Health and we expect that to be done any moment.”
One month ago, the county notified the union employees at the nursing home that the sale was imminent and that it was expected that “the vast majority of current employees will receive offers from the new owner prior to the final transfer.”