Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Sun February 10, 2013
Travel getting easier in NNE after snowstorm
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Travel is getting back on track for trains, ferries and airlines following a snowstorm that dropped record amounts of snow on parts of northern New England.
Amtrak's Downeaster, which travels between Boston and Brunswick, Maine, resumed service Sunday with a few schedule adjustments. Bus service was also getting back to normal.
Major airports in Manchester, N.H., Burlington, Vt., and Portland and Bangor, Maine, were reporting only a few delays and cancellations Sunday morning.
In Vermont, ferries between Charlotte, Vt., and Essex, N.Y., and Grand Isle, Vt., and Plattsburgh, N.Y., were running on schedule on Sunday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.