Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Sun February 10, 2013
Travel getting easier in NNE after snowstorm
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Travel is getting back on track for trains, ferries and airlines following a snowstorm that dropped record amounts of snow on parts of northern New England.
Amtrak's Downeaster, which travels between Boston and Brunswick, Maine, resumed service Sunday with a few schedule adjustments. Bus service was also getting back to normal.
Major airports in Manchester, N.H., Burlington, Vt., and Portland and Bangor, Maine, were reporting only a few delays and cancellations Sunday morning.
In Vermont, ferries between Charlotte, Vt., and Essex, N.Y., and Grand Isle, Vt., and Plattsburgh, N.Y., were running on schedule on Sunday.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.