Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue May 7, 2013
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew Gets A New Signature
Originally published on Wed May 8, 2013 9:49 am
Back in January, when Jacob "Jack" Lew was a mere nominee for the position of Secretary of the Treasury, we fretted about his signature. (It is, after all, displayed on the dollar.) It looked like a doodle, or as New York Magazine called it, a "slinky that has lost its spring."
Well, now that Lew is officially the Secretary of the Treasury, his signature has become more, um, predictable. Here's the old one:
Here's the new one from a Financial Stability Oversight Council report posted on the Treasury website:
This news, no doubt, comes as a surprise to many of you, who overwhelmingly said back in January that Lew should keep his slinky.