Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Mon June 12, 2006
Treehouse: Part One of Two
By Dan Bobkoff
Easthampton, MA – This is the first of two reports about a new community in Easthampton, Massachusetts. It's called Treehouse, and the idea is to provide permanent homes for children in foster care, and help smooth the adoption process. And, there will be dozens of apartments for retired people-who can serve as mentors and surrogate grandparents. Treehouse held its grand opening on June 1st, and the first families are starting to move in. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff takes a look at this new development.
More information about Treehouse can be found at www.treehousecommunities.org