Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Tue June 13, 2006
Treehouse: Part Two of Two
By Dan Bobkoff
Easthampton, ma – This is the second part of a story about a new community in Easthampton, Massachusetts. It's called Treehouse and the idea is to provide permanent homes and a supportive community for foster and adoptive children and their families. It is a multi-generational community with homes for families and retired people, who can become like surrogate grandparents to the neighborhood kids. The first families will be moving in to Treehouse in the coming days. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story of the community's founder, Judy Cockerton.
More information about Treehouse can be found at www.treehousecommunities.org