Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New England News
Tue June 13, 2006
Treehouse: Part Two of Two
By Dan Bobkoff
Easthampton, ma – This is the second part of a story about a new community in Easthampton, Massachusetts. It's called Treehouse and the idea is to provide permanent homes and a supportive community for foster and adoptive children and their families. It is a multi-generational community with homes for families and retired people, who can become like surrogate grandparents to the neighborhood kids. The first families will be moving in to Treehouse in the coming days. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has the story of the community's founder, Judy Cockerton.
More information about Treehouse can be found at www.treehousecommunities.org