Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 29, 2004
Trials Begin in Partial Birth Abortion Battle
By Allison Dunne
Poughkeepsie, NY – Federal district courts in California, Nebraska, and New York start separate trials today on legal challenges to the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. President Bush signed the Act in November 2003, and certain abortion providers sued, gaining a temporary restraining order to prevent the law's implementation. Opponents of the Act say the ban is unconstitutional, and a woman's health is not protected. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.