Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
Hudson Valley News
Thu May 2, 2013
Triple Homicide In Newburgh
NEWBURGH – Police are investigating the murders of three people – two men and a woman – whose bodies were found in an apartment at 98 South William Street in Newburgh early Wednesday morning. They had all been shot.
Two of the victims of the 2:40 a.m. incident were dead at the scene and a third died at St. Luke’s Cornwall Hospital a short time after arrival.
The corners down the street were lined with people from the neighborhood watching and speculating. Since the investigation was fresh and ongoing, police released little information.
Lisa Lane grew up in the neighborhood and knew one of the victims well.
“One thing I do know is that he didn’t bother anybody,” Lane said. "He wasn’t a trouble maker at all."
She did not identify the person to whom she was referring.
Community activist Omar Shakur was on the scene.
“Right now there has been a tragedy in our community and there is no leadership”, Shakur said. “So that’s the main thing. There is a tragedy within a tragedy right now.”
Newburgh City and State Police are investigating along with the Orange County District Attorney’s Office. Police are seeking the public’s assistance with any information they may have about this case by calling 845-561-3131.