Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
Capital Region News
Mon March 17, 2014
Troy Housing Authority Employees Guilty
New York State officials have announced guilty pleas by former Troy Housing authority employees.
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and Comptroller Tom. DiNapoli announced that William Meissner and Roger Rosenthal, former Troy Housing Authority employees, pled guilty to defrauding the New York State Retirement System . Rosenthal retired from the Troy Housing Authority in 2005 and began collecting a full pension with the NYSRS, then went back to working as a supposed ‘consultant’ with the Authority, collecting more than $200,000 in a three-year period in addition to the pension.
When the validity of Rosenthal’s ‘consulting’ arrangement with the Housing Authority was questioned, Rosenthal and Meissner submitted a falsified, backdated contract in an effort to cover the illegal retirement payments. As part of today’s plea agreement, Meissner and Rosenthal have paid New York State Retirement System $63,517.41 in restitution.
New York News