Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Hudson Valley News
Fri July 20, 2012
Trucker in Kerry Kennedy's NY auto crash ticketed
The driver of the truck struck by the ex-wife of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been issued a summons for leaving the scene of an accident. WAMC's Dave Lucas reports
Rocco Scuiletti, of Poughkeepsie, was sideswiped last Friday by Kerry Kennedy's Lexus on Interstate 684 north of New York City.
She's pleaded not guilty to a driving while drug-impaired charge. Kennedy says doctors believe the accident was caused by a seizure stemming from an old brain injury.
State police told Newsday's Westchester Bureau that Scuiletti knew he was involved in an accident and failed to report it. He faces up to a $250 fine or 15 days in jail. He couldn't be reached for comment.
Kennedy continued driving after the accident until her car became disabled.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.