Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Wed December 12, 2012
True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
In October 2008, bestselling author Dr. Andrew Weil, with restaurateur Sam Fox, opened the first True Food Kitchen restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona, with the goal of creating a menu of freshly imagined meals centered on the principles of his Anti-Inflammatory Diet and Food Pyramid.
The restaurant has garnered the reputation of being one of the country’s healthiest, and it has become known for its use of organic and locally grown products as well as seasonal menu changes.
Now Dr. Weil, Sam Fox, and executive chef Michael Stebner have collected more than 125 recipes from their restaurant in True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure.