Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New York News
Mon August 26, 2013
Trump Lawyer Denies NY AG's Lawsuit Claims
Donald Trump's attorney is accusing New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman of trying to extort campaign contributions from the real estate mogul through his investigation of Trump University.
Trump attorney Michael D. Cohen tells The Associated Press that Schneiderman's lawsuit against Trump and Trump University filed Saturday is filled with falsehoods. Cohen says Trump and his university never defrauded anyone.
Cohen says Trump won't be extorted by anyone, including the attorney general.
Schneiderman sued Trump for $40 million, saying the celebrity businessman helped run a phony "Trump University" that promised to make students rich but instead steered them into expensive and mostly useless seminars, and even failed to deliver promised apprenticeships.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.